About St. George’s University, Grenada (SGU)
Founded in 1976 with the goal of drawing the best talent and practices from around the world, St. George’s University has become a leading center for academic excellence worldwide. With students and faculty drawn from more than 150 countries, we truly are an international institution, with a uniquely global perspective, perfectly poised to help educate students in this rapidly changing world.
About School of Medicine at St. George’s University, Grenada
St. George’s University has been providing the world with highly trained doctors for more than 40 years, and has an extensive international network of over 18,000 MD alumni around the world. In addition to four-, five-, six-, and seven-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs, the School of Medicine awards master’s degrees in public health, epidemiology, microbiology, and other sciences, as well as PhDs in many disciplines.
The School of Medicine is committed to student success within an international academic environment, and has outstanding international student success rates. In 2019, St. George’s University’s international students achieved a 97% first-time pass rate on the USMLE Step 1*. 92% of eligible non-US 2020 graduates who applied for US postgraduate position obtained one at the time of graduation**. It is the largest international provider of new doctors in the US for the last 11 years combined***, and its graduates have practiced in all 20 Top Hospitals in the US, as ranked in US News & World Report 2020-2021.
SGU has a large network of 70+ affiliated hospitals and health centers in the US and in the UK, and therefore all eligible students complete their clinical rotations in those two countries. SGU School of Medicine graduates have practiced in all 50 US states and more than 50 countries around the world.*Data as of September 2020. International students are non-US, non-Canadian students
**Data as of September 2020. International graduates are non-US citizens or permanent residents
***Data as of September 2020
SGU School of Medicine - Key Numbers
- Student population: 75% US citizens and 25% non-US citizens (international)
- 465 teaching faculty 1,500 clinical faculty members
- Established in 1976 as a School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies
- Over 18,000 Doctor of Medicine (MD) graduates around the world
- Students and faculty from 150 different countries
- 70+ affiliated hospitals and medical centers in the US and in the UK
- Graduates from SGU have practiced medicine in all the 50 states in the US
- 450 grads starting their residencies New York and New Jersey in 2020
- 20% of doctors in Trinidad and Tobago are SGU graduates
- 20% of doctors in Botswana are SGU graduates
- 1,700+ SGU students started their studies in the UK
- 145 SGU doctors have been registered with the General Medical Council in the UK
- 50: 50 ratio of lectures to small group sessions
- SGU’s Department of Education Services (DES), provides access to 290 small study groups
- SGU has provided more than 5,000 students with academic scholarships
- There are 6,583 students enrolled in SGU School of Medicine at the moment (December 2020)
- In total, SGU has granted more than USD$100 million in scholarships
- 8:1 ration of students-to-faculty in small group sessions
- Our School of Medicine students are 52% female and 48% male
Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL), has one of the oldest medical schools in the UK Click Here. Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry has now established the MBBS programme in Malta.
QMUL has a strong core curriculum is underpinned by research, you will be linking your learning to the work of the faculty, from the laboratory bench to new drugs to public health interventions. With less emphasis on traditional lectures, problem-based learning in small groups encourages you to take an independent approach to clinical scenarios.
You’ll develop practical experience through attachments with local general practices, and in your third, fourth and fifth years you’ll spend time in primary and secondary care facilities in Malta and Gozo.
Read More: Click Here
For assistance and to apply for MBBS at the Malta campus, please contact us on (enquiry form)
The UK is one of the leading countries in the world for medical education and training. Due to the UK government restrictions, medical schools cannot accept as many international students as they want. One way to allow international students to access the UK excellence in medical education is to teach the same degree outside the UK.
Who is Kaplan?
Kaplan Medical, the world leader in USMLE® preparation for more than 40 years, has helped tens of thousands of students and physicians pass their medical licensing boards with high scores. Only Kaplan helps you prep from test day to match day, and continue on to a successful career in medicine.
- 1 Million+ Students Worldwide
- 19,000+ Employees
- 30+ Countries
- 2600+ Business Clients
- 1000+ Educational Partners
- 75+ Years Transforming Students’ Lives
- More than 120 experts with many teaching USMLE Test Prep for over 20 years.
- More than 250 awards and 760 published research studies.
- 940 years of collective experience.
- World’s Greatest Faculty.
Our Master Faculty is an elite group of MD, DO, and PhD professionals who are experts in their fields with more than 145 years of teaching experience.
- Top Quality Medical Education.
Kaplan offers the most up to date Medical content allowing students to integrate the knowledge necessary to succeed on the USMLE® exams.
- Flexible Study Options.
Study in the USA or online anywhere.
What does Kaplan do?
Above average USMLE scores are crucial if you want to obtain Residency interviews. Kaplan’s programs allow you to build your foundation, target your strengths and weaknesses and then integrate your knowledge across systems. Master the cases and concepts that are commonly tested and ensure you are ready to score high!
High USMLE® scores may earn you an interview, but they won’t guarantee you’ll match into residency. Kaplan Medical helps International Medical Graduates with essential skills to make them an above average Residency candidate.
How does Kaplan assist students?
During your course, you’ll develop a strong network with other medical professionals. Our students interact with practicing U.S. physicians, attend workshops at our centers, enjoy social gatherings with other international medical graduates, and build lifetime friendships.
Only Kaplan Medical has permanent study centers with full-time staff, Step 2 CS facilities, spacious auditoriums, group and quiet study rooms, computer labs, and student lounges. Join a community of other medical graduates all working toward the same goal. Choose from one of America’s top cities - Chicago, Houston, Miami and New York.
Our team of trained medical advisors is available throughout your course to help you create a personalized study plan, prepare a schedule for your residency applications, and assess your readiness for the USMLE exams.
Our staff is here to support you throughout your course so you can focus on what matters most: getting the highest possible score on the USMLE. Your Designated School Official is here to advise you about important policies related to your F-1 Visa status.
If you have any query, Send us a message